Adult Care Homes

Contact Information

Complaint Hotline Toll Free Number - 800-842-0078

KDADS Main Phone Number - 785-296-4986

KDADS Main Toll Free Number - 800-432-3535

Adult Care Homes Survey Regional Manager Map

Civil Money Penalty Fund Grant

Nursing Facility Advance KanCare Payment

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment is experiencing delays in processing applications for Medicaid benefits. Until the delays are resolved, KDHE has agreed to issue advance payments to qualified Nursing Facilities (NFs) who submit advance payment requests for specific applicants who are waiting on an eligibility determination. The process is outlined in the document below.

Resident Satisfaction Ratings

Complaint Reporting

Reporting Reasonable Suspicion of a Crime

To report abuse, neglect or exploitation occurring in an adult care facility, medical care facility or home health agency:

Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services 
Fax Number: 785-296-0256
Hours of Operation:  Monday through Friday - 8 am to 5 pm

To report abuse, neglect or exploitation occurring domestically or in the community contact:

Kansas Department of Children and Families 
Hours of Operation:  24 Hours - 7 Days a Week

Facilities or covered individuals needing to report a suspected crime against a resident when the hotline is closed may submit an e-mail with the following information:

  • Persons involved (resident victim, alleged perpetrator, witnesses, covered individuals with reason to suspect a crime has occurred)
  • Date and time of the incident
  • Description of the incident
  • Injury, if any, to the resident
  • Date and time report made to law enforcement
  • Law enforcement agency and case number

Complaint Program staff will respond to the e-mails during regular hotline hours.

Complaint Report Forms