June 10, 2016
10:00 am- 12:00 pm
Ramada Hotel & Convention Center
420 Southeast 6th Street
HCBS Settings Final Rule CDDO Discussion
KDADS invites you participate in a discussion of the Final Rule, specifically related to IDD Waiver services.
Our discussion will include:
- An overview of the Final Rule
- The impact of the Final Rule on IDD settings
- Our draft onsite assessment process (with opportunity for questions and feedback)
- How you can help as we move forward
- Information CDDO’s can share with providers and other stakeholders
Space for this meeting is limited, so we ask that each CDDO limit attendance to two representatives.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Find the provider self-assessment survey link below. The survey deadline for completion is May 27th. The following provider types will need to complete this assessment.
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Plus
- Boarding Care
- Residential Health Care Providers
- IDD Family residential (Shared Living/Host homes)
- IDD Residential
- Apartment complexes where the majority of individuals receive HCBS services
- Facility based day programs
- Community based day programs
- In-home day programs
- Supported employment
- Adult Day
The role of stakeholders is an important part of the process. KDADS recommends including stakeholders in their self-assessment survey. Stakeholder groups include consumers, family members, provider agency staff, and advocates.
The surveys will be evaluated by KDADS to determine if the provider is in compliance. KDADS will notify providers if their self-assessment survey is accepted. For those settings that are not in compliance, KDADS will notify the provider and determine a transition plan to come into compliance. KDADS will be holding provider and stakeholder meetings and telephone calls for comments and questions.
Thank you for your participation in the survey process as we work on our plan. Please contact us for any questions.
Click here to take the HCBS Settings Final Rule Compliance Attestation survey.
KDHE has developed a new method for HCBS and institutional providers who want to check on pending Medicaid / KanCare cases. Instead of calling the KanCare Clearinghouse, HCBS and Institutional providers should now request information regarding case status by sending a secure email using the process outlined below. These entities should use the new process immediately.
Please download the spreadsheet, complete all of the requested information and email it to the following address: KanCareClearinghouse@maximus.com
Once you have completed the spreadsheet, there is no need to contact us for a status check.
In order to help us identify your most important cases, please list cases on the spreadsheet in the order of importance to you. We will respond to the requests within one week of receiving the list. The response will indicate the status, but that does not guarantee that the application will be resolved. Continue to check MMIS or KMAP regularly to determine the results of the determination.
Some information regarding case status is only available with a release of information signed by the member. Forms authorizing the release of information are available on the KDHE website: http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/data_requests/default.htm
Various administrative roles are available. The member should read the release carefully to ensure they understand the content of the authorization.
Instructions for Completing and Submitting a Spreadsheet:
- Complete fields in the Provider section. At a minimum, the fields in yellow must have data. Instructions for each column are at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- It is required that you password protect your spreadsheet. If you need instructions on how to password protect your spreadsheet, please refer to the spreadsheet tab titled “Setting a Password.”
- Once you have entered data and password protected the spreadsheet, please send your spreadsheet to the following email address: KanCareClearinghouse@maximus.com
- Send a follow-up email with the password to KanCareClearinghouse@maximus.com
NOTE: If a spreadsheet is sent without password protection or without the follow up email containing the password, we will be unable to assist.