The draft HCBS Transition Plan is available at www.kdads.ks.gov and is open for public comment until July 15, 2014. The Public Comment period will be open for 30 days to allow all HCBS consumers and providers an opportunity to provide input to the Transition Plan. The public comment sessions will be held the June 16th to June 19th from 12:00 to 1:30 pm and from5:30 to 7:00 pm in the following locations:
- Monday, June 16th – WSU Metroplex, Wichita, Kansas
- Tuesday, June 17th – Holiday Inn and Suites, Overland Park, Kansas
- Wednesday, June 18th – Holiday Inn Holidome, Lawrence, Kansas
- Thursday, June 19th – Holiday Inn Express, Pittsburg, Kansas
The initial plan is a draft of the State’s blueprint that incorporates initial feedback from CMS and outlines how the State will assess residential and nonresidential settings, ensure compliance with the rules, and transition individuals to compliant settings, if necessary. We will continue to seek public input, even after we submit the plan for final CMS approval.
Additional public comment sessions (conference calls) are available during the Public Comment period.
- Wednesday, July 2, 2014 from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 23, 2014 from 11:00 to 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014 from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Conference Call Information:
- Conference Number: 1-866-620-7326
- Conference Code 4283583031#
Comments, Questions, and Input can be provided to KDADS at 785-296-4986 and firstname.lastname@example.org.